As part of our continuing commitment to the global and local environment DWN Limited has introduced this environmental policy. We recognise that, in delivering services to our customers, our operations can impact on the environment. We are therefore committed to minimising that impact, whilst at the same time maintaining sight of our business objectives.
Our Green Policy
We recognise that in delivering services to our customers, our operations can have an impact on the environment. Dash Wholesale is therefore committed to minimising that impact and doing its part towards preserving the environment for future generations, whilst at the same time maintaining our low prices and levels of service.
As part of our ongoing commitment to reducing our impact on waste materials, landfill and consumption we have implemented a continuous audit of materials and as a result we have already introduced:
- Biodegradable, recycled packaging where possible
- Reuse of inbound packaging materials where possible
- Biodegradable, recycled parcel tape where appropriate
- Paper originating from sustainable forest and/or paper which is a made from a minimum composite of 80% recycled paper
- Packing slips with integrated labels and postage to reduce paper and ink use
- With the exception of large orders, invoices are only sent on request by email
- All email communications include text dedicated to reducing unnecessary printing
- Where possible refilled ink/toner cartridges are used and recycled
- Dash Wholesale endeavours to use local suppliers for all our packaging where possible, minimising carbon emissions and helping to sustain the local economy
- Paper consumption has been reduced through electronic ordering and by sending the vast majority of our mail shot out by e-mail. In turning to these methods we have reduced the need for paper and card which a traditional mail shot requires.
As well as integrating recycled materials (as mentioned above) in our production and packaging techniques, we have also introduced some more common recycling policies to reduce waste. Throughout the business we have introduced recycling bins to encourage staff to recycle:
- Pallet wrap
- And cartridges
- Out of edition maps are recycled and used as packaging
Carriers and logistics
As part of our green agenda, we only use couriers and postage services who share a similar commitment towards the environment, reducing carbon footprints and achieving carbon neutrality. For this reason we exclusively dispatch goods using Royal Mail (Royal Mail Policy) and DPD (DPD Policy).
We are also currently looking into the process of offsetting our remaining carbon footprint through tree planting schemes with the Woodland Trust in conjunction with Parcelforce.
Across the board we are striving to ensure that the best postage practice with all type of mailing is being used to reduce wastage and unnecessary carbon emissions.
We have also implemented a ‘Don’t switch me on and leave me’ campaign throughout the business which is run with help from the Carbon Trust and funded by the department for the environment. This encourages staff not to leave appliances such as computer monitors, lights and heaters on after they have finished being used. We reinforce this by displaying posters which highlight facts such as “leaving a PC monitor on all night wastes enough energy to microwave six dinners”.As part of our continuing commitment to the global and local environment the Dash Group Ltd has introduced this environmental policy. Dash recognises that in delivering services to our customers, our operations can impact on the environment. We are therefore committed to minimising that impact, whilst at the same time maintaining sight of our business objectives.
This policy is displayed in a prominent position at all premises occupied by the Company. The company will make available to its employees, customers, the public and statutory authorities any relevant information about the Company's activities that affect health, safety and the environment.
The company will:
- Assess in advance the environmental impact of any significant new development.
- Aim to reduce emissions produced by our vehicles by promoting economical driving skills.
- Operate and maintain all vehicles in a responsible manner, and use a 5% Biodiesel blend, which has lower CO² emissions than conventional diesel.
- Respect any wildlife on the premises.
- Wherever possible, eliminate, reduce, reuse and recycle waste and/or ensure its proper disposal.
- Ensure all employees are aware of environmental issues and act responsibly.
- Examine the environmental impact of goods and services prior to their purchase.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis and at other times if specific circumstances require it.
All directors and staff are responsible for the practical application of these policies in accordance with best practice and existing and future legislation. The person with overall responsibility for environmental matters and drafting this policy on behalf of the company is Paul Dash.